Key Commitments of RSBCE
Our Focus – THE BIBLE – “God’s Truth In Our Pluralistic Society”
Our Ministry – THE CHURCH – “God’s Instrument For Reaching Our Society”
Our Goal – PLANTING CHURCHES – “Fulfilling The Mandate of the Gospel In Our Society”
Purpose OF RSBCE
The purpose of this organization shall be to facilitate the establishment of new churches and to assist independent fundamental churches in their implementation of church planting.
Doctrinal Statement of RSBCE
Rockies Southwest Bible Church Extension is affiliated with IFCA International and is a member agency of IFCA International Church Planting Commission. Our doctrinal statement is that of IFCA International and a compete statement can be found at www.ifca.org. The following bulleted points are summary statements of our doctrinal position.
- We believe the 66 books of the Bible are the verbally inspired, inerrant in the original writings, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in one Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, is God incarnate, born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross for mankind, rose again the third day, and is the Savior of those who believe in Him.
- We believe that Jesus ascended back to heaven and is now our High Priest, Intercessor, and Advocate.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, the 2nd Person of the Triune God, is active in convicting men of sin, righteousness, and judgment, that He is active in regeneration of sinners, baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ, indwells believers and is the seal of God unto the day of redemption.
- We believe the Holy Spirit guides believers into all truth, enables believers to walk in righteousness, and that believers are commanded to be filled [controlled] by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe man was created in the image and likeness of God but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, became alienated from God and is totally depraved, thus, unable to remedy his lost condition.
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ whose finished work at the cross provides the forgiveness of our sin.
- We believe that the saved are kept secure by the power of God and can know the assurance of salvation through the testimony of God’s Word and that the same Word of God calls the saved to live righteously.
- We believe that it is the divine obligation of the saved to proclaim the gospel of Christ to all mankind.
- We believe that God sovereignly bestows spiritual gifts to believers and that the “sign” gifts of apostolic age have ceased.
- We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ made up of all believers of this present age.
- We believe in the establishment of and continuation of the local church as autonomous under godly leadership and the under the Head of the Church, i.e. Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the continued practice of two ordinances, water/believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe in the personality of Satan as a created but fallen angel who is the author of sin and the declared enemy of God.
- We believe in the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Bride, the Church, [the rapture] as being imminent, pre-tribulational and premillennial and His subsequent return to the earth to establish His Kingdom for 1,000 years.
- We believe that there is a literal heaven and a literal hell. Heaven is the eternal abode of the redeemed and hell is a place of eternal punishment for the lost.